The good people at LitFest, Canada’s only nonfiction book festival, have put together an awesome list of five must-read Canadian nonfiction books.
This year’s list is a diverse selection:
- Dear Sir, I Intend to Burn Your Book, Lawrence Hill’s brilliant anatomy of a book burning
- Leonardo and the Last Supper by Ross King, the full story of Leonardo da Vinci’s monumental painting
- Journeywomen, Kate Braid’s memoir of becoming one of Canada’s first female Red Seal carpenters
- Working the Dead Beat, a collection of essays and 50 obituaries by Canada’s leading obituary writer Sandra Martin of the Globe and Mail
- Rosina, the Midwife, a fifth-generation memoir about the matriarch of a Canadian-Italian family by Edmontonian Jessica Kluthe
Don’t forget to Tweet and read! Tweet your review with #litfest13 to win tickets to LitFest.